Followers

Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Busy One

As I headed for the barn this morning, could not resist stopping to take a couple photos of the drops on this old chair.  Individual drops, not a puddle.
 Unusual....

 Karen did morning chores and I only had one stall to clean.
Fortunately it was nice and cool...no humidity.




 By 8:30 I was ready to finish mowing the last pasture.




 Now they are all done and it looks like a 9 hole golf course.


 I got cleaned up and headed to Brockport for the Arts Festival around 11:30.
(This is Gary's T-shirt.  He had duty this afternoon)
There were not as many vendors this year, but it was set up beautifully
and the weather was perfect.
 I had a nice surprise when I ran into Anna and her family.
I have known her since she was a child and her Mom boarded a horse at our farm
decades ago.  Had not seen her for many years.
 Bob and Barbara were there....
 so were Cheryl and Bud.
 After walking up and down the street I stopped in a new shop called Lagom.
Swedish!

 It's loaded with so many beautiful things that are right up my alley.
 Of course I had to stop and get a hot dog at the Kiwanis concession stand.
And there was Jim C.  The same guys are always volunteering.

 That goes for Lauren too.  She was at the wine tent.


 As I was walking back to my car, I passed by some flowers that I could not resist.




 And two of my favorite houses....

 I can't tell you how much more energy I have when it is not humid!
On the way home I stopped at Wegmans and picked up several bags of groceries.
Decided to have a veggie dinner and made some sweet potato salad.
 I had chore duty tonight.










 Berlin has not been concentrating on eating her breakfast and was not very interested in her dinner when she was tucked in.  Still anxious and missing Abbe.  Generally it has been eaten by morning....needs to settle down.  I'm very impressed by the way she, Maggie and Angel are getting along.





 By the time I got back in the house, Gary had grilled the corn.
 We also had a tomato salad with Italian dressing, onions, crumbly blue and croutons.
 And the sweet potato salad....
 and the leftover carrot and apple salad.
 We were veggied.
 Time to rest.
 Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Berlin will be fretting, I wonder how much they all understand. Down here Boris, the younger ginger boy, goes outside and calls for Basil. A very quiet home, like your barn.

Jo said...

Hi Lori, I always love a meander through your beautiful farm and town (loved the fair!) and of course, I pored over the vege dishes! Have a great day. Jo