Followers

Friday, August 17, 2018

Ponies, Pergola, Posies and Performance!

Separating horses changes my morning routine.
When I got to the barn I set up the run-in for Rebel and put the hay out for the girls.
When he finished his breakfast, I brushed him, put on his mask and halter and spritzed him with some all natural fly spray. He allowed me to do all while free in his stall.  Then I opened his gate and let him go wherever he wanted on the property.
He had to go back into his own pasture before I let the girls out.







 Even tho it was hot and muggy today, Berlin spent much of the time
in front of Rebel's run-in.




 I made a quick trip to Wegmans and could not resist taking photos of the flowers.


 At 5pm Berlin was still hanging around Rebel so I decided to put a lead line on her....
to see how the two of them would be together.


 I kept Berlin on the lead for about 5 minutes and both were very quiet so I turned her loose and stayed with them.
 Maggie and Angel were not too happy and ran around for a few minutes.

Before long these two were starting to graze and that was a good sign.






 Karen had chore duty tonight and was going to let Berlin and Rebel have the run of the place once Maggie and Angel were in their stalls.

 I have not remembered to check on these moon blossoms and have missed every one!





Gary and I had tickets for a concert at The Barn tonight.
 The guest performers were Kate and Forrest O'Connor
(Grammy winners) who are part of the O'Connor Band.
Chris Wilson sang 4 songs with them and they were off the charts.
I can't believe there is a venue like this less than a minute from our farm.
What a treat.
All three are outstanding musicians and their voices together.......
AMAZING!!!!!

Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Berlin and Rebel look like they're getting along really well. Maggie and Angel will get used to him too I'm sure. The concert sounds like fun.

Michelle said...

Looks like good time at your farm.