Followers

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Short....

This was a nice, easy day.
 The amaryllis blossoms are hanging in there and they sure do brighten up my mornings.
Getting back to my old routine is great..no rushing and no driving into Rochester.


Phoebe and I ran a few errands....the bank, Tractor Supply and to Jenny's.
Her dog Buster has had some problems with his ears and she wanted me to check on him.
He was very good about letting me put drops in them.
When I got back to the farm I was either in slow or stop and around 1:05 I got a phone call to see if I could get down to Rita's house for a last minute bridge substitution.  Changed my clothes and was there before 1:30.  It felt good to play cards.
 I swear, the temperature was up by 10 degrees by the time I left for home.
 All was quiet when I arrived.  Gary was planting more onions and my only obligation was
 to make dinner.  And that was easy since it was an instant replay of last night.
I love having leftovers!
I spent some time practicing my ukulele...learning to play
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in the style of Israel Kamakawiwo
as I just might play it at the chorus concert.  They are singing the
traditional version and after that we may do a little in this style.
Could be fun, if it really  happens.
Boy, am I loving this slower pace.
Night all.

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Truly my favourite way of " Somewhere over the Rainbow", and a tribute to Gucci at the same time.