Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

HERE GOES....

Not too much excitement to report as long as I am dragging...today at Skoog Farm things were pretty quiet.

I was on my own this morning and did not feel too bad...the fresh air really helps.  It was cool and relatively quiet for the first hour.  Then it started to rain so all the sheets had to go on.

















Fortunately it did not last that long.


















Seymour and Sidney were not that excited by the wet "everything."






















































We have 4 bedrooms upstairs that are not used, but all our clothes are up there.  Today I went up to get some clean sweats and ended up ironing!  I know most people don't do such a thing these days, but I love cotton and had plenty that needed attention.  After that I had lunch, did some laundry, changed the sheets on our bed, took a shower and vegged....again.  My head is still slightly plugged up but at least I am not coughing so much.  Not in much of a picture taking mood.


By late afternoon the sun was very beautiful but there was some wind and the temperature was in the low 40s.

















































Gar had the fire going by 9am so my buddies and I were all very relaxed.
















































































Leftovers for dinner.

The sun was going down and it was time for me to go out and do evening chores.














Every single horse (except for Pony) rolled and got their sheets absolutely filthy!  So I took them off...the barn was very cozy and it's supposed to be 58 tomorrow.


































Pretty soon it is going to be so dark so early!

Seymour is making it very difficult for me to finish this post.












It took awhile for me to get him to take a nap under the table.





















Time for a cupa tea.  Night all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Nice how kitties want to help out with computer work - but then, they like to lie on books and papers too!

Gayle said...

Just curious... is it a five bedroom farmhouse? Do you have the rooms you don't use empty or are they set up for company? I wonder what it would be like to have room I didn't use! LOL :)

Jo said...

I've been catching up on blog visits, Lori and wasn't aware you've been ill. Hope you're feeling better now. I love the idea of your "buddies" and a roaring fire in the day time. Your photo of the fir trees against the barn are spectacular. I love that Seymour wants to post your blog. Oh I love your blog: always cosy and filled with animals! Have a great (restful) weekend. Blessings and (((hugs))) Jo

diane b said...

I love your buddies, they must be good company. Sounds like its getting cold there.

allhorsestuff said...

Lori, how you doing?
We've got the cold, windy, sloggery stuff now too. I've avoided colds, so far. But back aches have kept at me. Me and the mare...still wracked up a bit.
Lets hope for a sunny day...to give us hope...
xo
Kac