Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RAIN...RAIN...GO AWAY!

It rained last night.  It was raining when I went out to the barn.
After I put the sheets on all the horses it was still sprinkling.

Gar got home from Java early and actually helped me finish the last stall.
 



We drove down to Lowes and picked up this little number for $99.  Had gotten an estimate on a wall unit for the Workshop, but thought we would give this a shot first.  It's electric.




















It was about 60 when we turned it on, and by the time my class started it was 72 and very comfortable.


Busy...busy.








Watercolor in progress by Mel.  





Watercolor exercise in progress by Donna.


Contour line drawing by Pauline.  






Contour drawing by Pricilla
Finished colored pencil drawing by Mel.
Pastel drawing in progress by Sandy.
Pastel drawing in progress by Tina.

Print of Tina's drawing (Bright and DJ) made into a card.


















What a great day!  The studio was warm, I had a full house and a lot of work was done.  Welcome, to my two new students...Pauline and Phyllis.

The cats and dogs were not interested in spending much time outside, so they went from room to room and just relaxed....


































































I did manage to make a decent dinner while Barb did the evening chores.  I'm sure the horses were happy to be inside...tomorrow it is supposed to rain again!  You'd think they would know enough to go in the indoor or under a roof.

Sweet potatoes, marinated chicken with carmalized onions... and as you probably figured it out by now...lots of salad.


















Now I must really go put my butt next to the fire in the kitchen.  This part of the house is freezin.
Night all.

10 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Gee wiz, that's alot if rain!
Maybe we herr in Oregon will take some off your charts for Fri & Saturday...its slated.

Ooh, love the artwork.Sandy, she is excellent! Loved the misty looking forest! Do we get to see yours??
xoxo...you stay cozy warm, do the kitties sit on your
Lap?
Kac

sandy said...

I so wish I lived close and could be a student and also a helper in your barns! I would love it

Lori, we have the house up for sale, and not sure exactly where we will go when it sells but will stay local, renting for about a year while we make a decision of where we would like to end up.

It's a big house and we have been cleaning, organizing, painting, renovating certain areas and ...now we are just two weeks away from a broker's open house. In this economy I hope it sells. We are in Southern California so real estate prices, although they have come down, are still high compared to a lot of the country.

We're on an acre and so tired of keeping up with a big house and the property.

We want time to play.

(This was in answer to your question at my blog)

sandy said...

by the way, I liked your leaf.

Terry said...

It really is sweet how well your cats and dogs get along. I love seeing them all tangled up together. So sweet.

Gayle said...

Do you like having the class out in the studio or do you miss being in the house? I can't imagine electric! Our electricity is very high...my bill is around $350 with just the necessities!

I've always noticed a lot of blankets around the house on the chairs and couches. Do you put those out for the dogs and then wash them a lot? I want to integrate the dogs into being all over the house, but I have to strictly control the hair for allergy issues. Maybe lots of blankets changed frequently would be better than a lot of vacuuming which stirs it in the air. Wondering your thoughts on this?

Sandra said...

What a great studio you have! Your students are very good, I particularly like Mel's work:)

Oh, the kitties are so cute, especially when one over the other:) It's not easy deciding which spot is the best to relax on a rainy day.

mj said...

Nice work by your students.
Love the curled-up black and white cat-dog!
We are now getting some strong winds, and heavy rain here in Colorado. Huge change from the sun and heat last week.

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. Your Sidney may have been a late developer, but I rather think he may well end up as boss-cat, and will include the dogs among his subjects.
Regards to you both, and admiration to Sidney. Mike.

Val Ewing said...

Our rain in Wisconsin has been something unheard of this past year.

Love the artwork!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

And rain brings mud. eww! But it also brings green grass, too. Your grass is still so lush, even with the colder weather.
The little electric heater is so cute. Sounds like a good deal and perfect for your studio.
I always enjoy the photos of the artwork you share from your students. I bet they enjoy your class. Your pride in their talents shines through. :)
The kitties are so cute. Something about cuddling kitties makes me feel warm and cozy.

~Lisa

word veri: chidecat