Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

FAH REEEEZZZIN!














Barely 40, raining...needed a jacket and should have worn a hat!  This was the first day for the ponies to have on a rain sheet.  Fortunately, after they finished their grain the rain was pooping out and they were happy to head for the pasture.  Once again, Barb was helping me.


















Look who spent the night in the feed room.  Surprise, surprise.  I'm afraid he is calling this place home.
How about if I call him Le Grand L'Orange?  Anyone who speaks French... please tell me how to spell this.  He is not afraid of anything...comfortable with the kittens and the dogs...scruffy...not as hungry as he was a few days ago (must be that bowl of food he keeps finding in the barn) and obviously has lived in a house.  I don't need another cat!!!!  Sid and Seymour are keeping me in the hole already.




















Today we bit the bullet and put the plexiglass back in all the windows.  It had to happen sometime.  Barb helped and when Gar got back from coffee he cut enough for three windows that needed to be replaced.  At any rate, it is done and I'm sure the ponies will appreciate it.


















Drove down to the Village while Gary finished up in the barn.  The new facade on A Different Path Gallery is 99% finished.  What an improvement! 

Got myself over to the farm market before canopes got blown away.  It was so windy the vendors had to take them down half way through the day.


















I bought (what else) homemade fried cakes.

a 10 pound cabbage....

bratwurst and pork/apple sausage

and a gigantic cauliflower.        

















A good day to do some fall cooking.... and I did...while I watched the Equestrian Games at Kentucky Horse Park.

















Had a nice fire going.  Jenny stopped up for awhile.

Watched everything from reining to...

















Musical Freestyle...it was on for hours.















What a difference in these two disciplines.  The reining horses have nothing on their faces and the dressage horses get cranked.  It's hard to know what the horses think.



As for my fall dinner...had no noodles, so I settled for elbows with butter and parsley. 



















pumpernickel bread....
















and bratwurst on top of sauerkraut with onions and apples.












We also had some applesauce I made a couple of days ago and some good mustard for dipping.

















Went out to do chores about 6:15.  Had put the hay in the stalls earlier, so it was a breeze. 


















It was almost dark when I got in the house.  Of course the dogs had muddy feet.
Night all.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Just in case you missed the Spanish horse Fuego XII, here is that ride.
http://www.topiberian.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&Itemid=67&id=1542&lang=es

They didn't show it on NBC, probably because he wasn't in the top three. But, what a joyous ride! You can't help but be smiling through the entire thing.

I have to admit that I wasn't that fond of the great Edward Gal and Toto. I'm not a great rider, not even a good rider, but my instructor always told me that toe flipping and extending the legs in front of the vertical of the horse's face was a big no. And, we won't get into the training methods.

sandy said...

It all looks and sounds so homey. Nice post and yum on the food.