Followers

Friday, October 1, 2010

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN....YEY!












A  coolish morning, but at least there was no rain.  Did chores quickly and was back in the house by 9.




















Phoebe and Gucci went out with me and got their feet and bellies all full of mud.  The kittens didn't even bother coming to the barn.


















My friend Peggy came over with Braveheart around 10:30.



































We warmed up in the indoor and then went out back...into two different woods.  Berlin was much better than she was the last time.  I was very proud of her today. 

This horse is very special to me.  I can have her stand like this while I put on the radio or open gates...when I call her she walks to me.  What more could I ask.  She was born here 26 years ago.

I had no place to keep my camera safe and missed some beautiful shots.  The next time that won't happen...I'd love to show you the woods.

 Off the subject.....
Do you know anyone looking for a beautiful Stubben Tristan Dressage saddle?  I'm trying to sell it for a friend who used it only once many years ago, and is finally ready to part with it.  It has a 17.5 seat and the tree is medium wide.  It comes with leathers, a girth, pad and cover.  Today they cost over $2200 and he is willing to sell it for $900.  It is in perfect shape. 














































The bottom does not look like it has ever been on a horse.

Meanwhile back at the ranch....the clouds looked like cotton candy as I headed into Brockport on my way to the bank, Country Max, and First Friday.


































Tis the season for mums...they are for sale all over the place.


































Pumpkins too.

Today, First Friday celebrated the retirement of Jim Dusen.  He has been the official college photographer for over 30 years.
















As usual, Gary let go with some of his funnies.


















In one of the rooms, they had a slide show...not of Jim's photographs...but photographs of him.















and a gigantic cake.

















There were many familiar faces in the crowd...soon you will know them all.














 















Greg Turner (who played at our party) provided some great sounds.





































 Got home about 5:45...Barb and I pulled in the driveway at the same time.  I'm so glad she was doing chores tonight.  This yellow cat has been hanging around the neighborhood for the past week or so, and wants to live here.  Like I need another cat.  Who knows where he came from...probably dumped off to fend for himself.  He gets dry food in the barn, but wants to be in the house...needs to be neutered, wormed and defleaed (probably).  Cha Ching....

Well guess what...I am done and it is only 8:40.  Night all.  Have a great weekend.  The night temperatures may get in the high 30s here Saturday or Sunday.

7 comments:

Louise said...

Berlin is a beautiful girl. She is very lucky. Not many horses get to live with the same person for their entire lives. It sounds like you had a great ride on her today.

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for big "yaller" boy cats. Mine is a love, and I hear that most of them are. You need three, you know you do.

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Glad you got a chance to ride! I am ready to go again soon!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got in a ride! I'd love to buy that saddle - I'm having trouble finding one that fits Dawn - but it doesn't look like it has enough flare in the shoulders.

Janet said...

What a pretty extra cat you have! I think he has made his decision about where he's gonna live.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nice ride...and one your special girl, too. I agree, how lucky she is to have the same owner her entire life. The two of you must have a very close bond.

Sounds like all the kitties seem to know where they will be well taken care of. That little tuxedo kitty is adorable!

I love your new header...so beautiful. Just begs for anyone to come by and sit a spell and see what will be served on that lovely table :)


~Lisa

Frank said...

The saddle looks like a great buy. We haven't seen any pumpkins out yet for Halloween but soon. Very soon. Even if the weather is still rather warm and beach-like.

Gayle said...

Orange cats are my favorite if I were to pick a cat. Sure glad we don't have fleas here (or ticks).

Nice that you got out for a ride. I hope you do take the camera next time.