Followers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SIT BACK....RELAX...TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF

IT'S ALRIGHT! HAVE A GOOD TIME....'CAUSE IT'S ALRIGHT!



























6:30am and another beautiful sunrise.














Sidney and Seymour still prefer to hang around on the porch in front of Gary's barn.














Where they go, the dogs go.  I forgot to mention that I actually did chores.  Fast.


























Class started at 10am.  I love being out in the "Workshop."  The vibes are good.










































Donna's butterflies are beautiful.






























Tina has finished her pastel drawing of Bright and DJ.  Beautiful.





























Donna, Sandy and I went out to the Carlton for lunch.














We all ordered Reubens with extra crispy fries.




























Of course I could not leave without getting a picture of Steve...the Chef/Owner.














Donna headed home...Sandy and I drove out to Point Breeze.




























A perfect spot for these sweet ducks.








































A bunch of bikers were having lunch at the "Black North" restaurant (across from the beach).














We decided to go over to Brown's Berry Patch next.  Sandy was looking for a particular item.














They had everything from baskets to apples, but not what she was looking for.






























They participate in a Barn Quilt Tour and this is hanging on their store.  There are 79 others.
































We went home via back roads and crossed the canal a couple of times...so peaceful.
Did not do much when I got back to the farm. Barb had chore duty so I was able to kick back.















Went out to get the kitties and now they are into wrestlemania.

























Thank you Barb, for all the work you do for our ponies.  ( I sent her home with some soup tonight).












Gary finished painting the last side of the indoor today...I had to go check it out.  He was very happy to get it over with.  (Now he wants to put a second coat on the south side...a gluten for punishment).

















Pasture time.












Dinner time.













Pumpernickel bread with berry jam, a tomato, cucumber and onion salad (all from our garden)....and leftover leek and potato soup.  Did I give you the recipe?  4 cups potatoes, 4 cups leeks, 4 cups chicken stock and a couple carrots.  Boil until soft.  Blend in food processor.  Put back in pot.  Add milk or half and half, sour cream and some cheddar cheese.  A little dill and salt and pepper to your liking.  A key ingredient is honey mustard to give it a little zip.  A couple of tablespoons (or more).

Guess what...I am catching on to this new editor and can get through my posts much faster.

We now have rain, thunder and lightning.
Night all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love leek and potato soup!

Lots of lovely photos in this post!

sandy said...

First off that soup looks delicious!!! Loved catching up and the art work, butterflies beautiful, dogs beautiful... Great post.

Jo said...

I love your posts, Lori, and feel deprived if I don't have a chance to comment. I always visit and love all your doings during the day. Your kitties are beautiful as are the horses and dogs. And your class looks fun and inspiring. Have a wonderful day. (((Hugs)))Jo

Susan Ellis said...

That soup looks delicious! I've copied the recipe and added it to my must make list.Thanks!