Followers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

HAY DAY...

(I have been trying to get this post up since 8pm and it is almost 11. Last week I was putting up 5 shots at a time....now, it takes forever to put up one. Any suggestions? So frustrating).

After finishing chores, I went upstairs and opened the back door as a hay delivery was going to be made.

While Seymour played out in the garden by the paddock...Sidney attacked his toys in the feed room.
Within two hours I had two pick up trucks of first cutting delivered. I already had 250 bales.
The temperature was going up fast, but the horses were still willing to graze in the pastures.

After lunch I ran some errands and went over to Danny Moore's to check out his 2nd cutting.
It definitely passed the test and I ordered 200 bales. Green, soft and a mix of timothy, clover and a little alfalfa. I don't start feeding this until it starts to snow, and they get one flake at night along with a couple of flakes of first cutting.
Gary continued to work on the East wall of the indoor.

A little before 6 I went out to do evening chores. I AM SO SICK OF HAVING SWEAT ROLL OFF MY HEAD!
While we were eating dinner, I could see a lot of activity in the indoor, so I went out and found Mustafa herding the other horses. PC was in a sweat, and I sponged him off.
I took many more photos, but do not have the time or energy to post them. I sure hope things get back to normal soon.

Night all.
Below is a short post about what I made for dinner...

No comments: