Followers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

IS IT TIME TO PUT AWAY MY SHORTS?















A very grey and cool morning.














The ponies finished their grain and were out on the pasture in no time....with no masks.























Eventually the kitties came over to the feed room....  I got through chores in a hurry...faster when it's not so hot.

By noon, Seymour found his way to the back porch and Sid was still out listening to music in the barn.
Went out and got him so he would have some company.
















I had just put some peach betty in the oven...when it bubbled over and smoked up the kitchen.  I was just getting rid of it when my friend Judy stopped in with her family (visiting from Florida).  Her granddaughter wanted to see Sidney!





























It's a good thing they like animals...they were surrounded.














I whistled for the horses and they came over to see us.  There's my 31 year old Masterpiece.  How he stays so happy with that bum knee is beyond me.















Seymour and Sid went out on the back porch for a nap.























I was making something interesting for dinner, so we invited Jack and Louise over.  Gary brought me some sunflowers for the table.





























I hurried through evening chores...prepared most of the dinner...took a shower...and went down to the village for a World Canals Conference meeting.










Had to leave before it was over so I could get back in time for our company.  A very late dinner!








Fried apples and onions carmelized with brown sugar.








Pickled beets (from our garden).










AND...what Louise calls the Albanian/Polish version of a tuna and noodle casserole.  She even wanted the recipe.  Here it is, and it's a good one.  Saute two onions, add sliced kilbasa (I used the turkey version).  In the meantime, boil up a bag of fresh sauerkraut in water.  Drain it and add it to the onion mixture.  Add some cider vinegar and brown sugar...let it blend into the rest of the ingredients.  Then, mix two cans of cream of mushroom soup with a little milk (I used skim) and sour cream.  Cook up some noodles...drain and mix everything together.  Heat through on top of stove or in the oven.  Real comfort food.

Unfortunately, not one of my photos turned out...sorry.













We finished the meal with Peach Betty and whipped cream...nice, not too sweet.












Now it's time to go tuck the ponies in...

Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the food looks great, even combining sauerkraut with cream. The weather here is still quite summery and sunny but the nights are cool. Guess it's time to get dressed.