Followers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Twenty more days...





This morning is balmy compared to the last two.  The sun is out and we may hit the low 30's. I walked around looking for signs of spring and this is what I came up with...As you can see, we have a lot of unusual art around our farm.  It is from a friend and prominent artist, Bill Stewart.  Through his generosity, we have sculpture throughout the property and in the house!  A bit funky, don't you think?

In the past few days I have received comments from England, Indonesia and Sweden.  It is utterly amazing that people are finding this journal which has only been up for a week. Being Swedish, Gary was up much later than usual last night, looking at the archives from the site in Sweden. Trying to find something familiar...  When we had Swedish visitors, they told us that many of the houses there are red with white trim.  Our house happens to be the same, and the house he was looking at in the photos was too.  It is ironic, how much we have in common with others.  

2 comments:

Nea said...

It is ironic, as I am also an Art teacher and we have talked for a long time about moving out to our small farm and getting a couple of horses and even growing garlic on a bigger scale. But I don't want to give up teaching yet and I have another twenty years left until retirement. Still, who knows, in twenty years time you may have inspired us to start a farm journal.

Which part of Sweden do your families come from?

Lori Skoog said...

Nea,

Did you get a post from my husband last night? His grandfather lived near Arvika in Varmland. On his trip to Sweden in 2002 he found the original Skoog house.

My Grandmother was from Stockholm. Did you look at my Picasa web albums? If you go to The Skoog Farm Workshop you can see the work of my students.

Thank you for returning a comment.

Lori