Followers

Thursday, December 21, 2023

The Sun Came Out This Afternoon

I went out to the barn early this morning so Gary would not have to help me....however he did come out when I was finishing up... and did the water and removed the wheelbarrow.  I actually felt fairly good, but ended up achy and fatigued.  A friend just called who thought she had a cold and it was Covid.  Now we are going to have to test ourselves for that.  Merry Christmas.






I managed to go to Wegmans for some groceries and wore a mask.  Got cough syrup, more cough drops, lots of citrus and some food.  Our appetites are not that great tho.
This afternoon while Little Wonder was babysitting me, I watched a movie and voila!  The sun came out.






Before I went out for evening chores I asked Gary to try out the heating pad I use regularly....It's big and on the back of a chair.  By the time I got back in, he knew what he has been missing.  It's so relaxing.









Yay!  The daylight is going to last longer everyday now.

Night all.


3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Yikes. Well hopefully you can test and you can get through this.

I'm in the same boat more or less. I'm testing today. It is the first time I've been sick in nearly 12 years!
Man that stinks right before Christmas!

Lori Skoog said...

Val. We tested last night and we both have Covid. My "cold" started 6 days ago and Gary's....4. Hopefully we are over the hump!

Nancy J said...

Lori, rest and more rest is the answer, not easy with animals to be cared for I know. The tiredness is overwhelming.I felt SO tired before the third day of testing was positive!!! I hope by the 25th you are on the way to feeling a lot better.