Followers

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Are You Kidding Me?

This morning I felt better than yesterday.  Yay.  Not through coughing totally, but less often.

The fog was down to the ground and we were still in the 40s.










Little Wonder and I did a little clean up around the house as Jenny was picking up Gary at the hospital and they were going to get home by 1.  Before they got here, I put on a mask and picked up his perspcriptions at the pharmacy.  Consulted with my Doc and he said I should not be contagious and should wear a mask.  So I did.  Still plan to spend the next few days in solitary.  While I was gone, Finn and Coop came up, filled the water buckets and dumped the wheelbarrow.  They have got this 5 minute routine down and I appreciate it so much.
Around 4pm Gary woke up from a long nap and was having some leaking problems and after calling the Doctor, was told he needed to go to the Emergency Room for some assistance.  I quickly put the horses in....


and we headed down to Strong West.  This is the first time I have see it packed with people and the wait was minimum of 2 hours.  I ended up talking to the people at the desk and they decided to check him out next.  Wham Bam.  They were able to do what needed to be done in minutes and we were on our way home before 5:30.  Now I am working on dinner.

Carrots from our garden.
We needed this.....
Night all.

More pictures in the sunshine.  Ain't life grand?





 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

It's not just COVID that is going around. I am masking to go shopping for groceries again. One cold caused enough upheaval in our house and time and trips to the ER, so caution is the best way forward.

Whatever else is going around, it sticks with you too.

We've seen a huge uptick in illnesses here which do include COVID and RSV. Looks like I'll be laying low until spring!

Sandra said...

I think we should start masking again. It is good to read you feel better. It's great the staff listened and got Gary fixed up fast. Grandsons are a wonderful thing to have.