Followers

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Hot Inside....Even With Fans

It was muggy from the get go.
 A few weeks ago I dragged the outdoor arena as it was a little too deep.  Since that time,
it has turned into this.  The conditions must have been perfect for growing this little 
succulent looking weed.
 I won't have it rototilled until mid August.
 It's official...the Rebel is going to be coming back to Skoog Farm.
Then, I'll get the ring back in shape.





 After chores I ran a whole bunch of errands and decided to drive through the Town Park
as there was a gigantic soccer tournament going on.  And of course, I wanted to see what was happening at the splash pad.




 My last stop was Wegmans....the gardens there are doing very well.

 By the time I got back to the farm the air was so heavy.
 I managed to do laundry, vacuumed and wrote thank you notes.
A friend stopped in and we all sat in the kitchen with a fan blowing on us.
Evening chore duty did not take long....




 I sponged off the girls as it was not all the cool in the barn.

 Little Wonder and Phoebe would have had heat strokes if their hair was still long.



 I took a quick shower before dinner to cool off.
We had fruit plates.
 Delicious!
Night all.

1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's just miserable here too. It's still 93 out there now. It's like breathing water. So glad Rebel is coming back after the summer. One of our rings looks just like that too. All our guys had showers again tonight. The fruit looks like a great idea for a cool dinner.