Followers

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Fireworks

Hot and muggy.
The bugs were so bad I put the girls in their stalls for awhile this afternoon.

 When I got out to the barn, one of Berlin's eyes was swollen and totally closed.
She has a bad habit of rubbing on her hay net and I think she poked it.
I cleaned it out (gunk) and put on a cold compress....then ointment.
(did the same thing around 4pm and her eye was slightly open).


 The dogs had to be at the groomers by 10am.



 They BOTH had haircuts this time.
 The exotic Little Wonder now looks like a terrier.
 I will let his hair grown out again.  It was just too hot for him and he kept getting all kinds of things stuck in it when we were in the barn.  Seems like he feels pretty darn good.




 (He needs to go on a diet)
 but I still think he is adorable.

 We had our monthly dinner with Brenda and Al tonight.
 I made coleslaw.
 What a great meal.
 Ham, chutney, scalloped potatoes
coleslaw, bread and gingerbread topped with a lemon sauce for dessert.





 This is their dog....Scarlett O'hara.
Classic Scottie and an absolute doll.
 I had not seen this painting of Brenda's.  Gorgeous.

 We left around 9
 and the sunset was beautiful.




 Every July 3rd, the Town has a fireworks display at the Community Center
and a couple thousand (or more) people show up.
 Every parking lot fills up and cars line the road.
The weather was perfect.

Night all.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

You have the best of meals! And I think I said this somewhere else...LW looks great with the haircut!