Followers

Monday, June 3, 2019

A Few Stitches....

The temperature was in the mid 40s this morning,
but we had a lot of sunshine.
 I fed Rebel and the girls their breakfast, then cleaned the stalls and stripped his.
Now all of his fluffy bedding is in the run-in.




 I put a halter on Rebel so he would be easy to catch before I groomed him and 
got everything ready to take to Forrestel Farm.
 It was windy....again.



 Mary arrived at 11 sharp and when I walked Rebel out to the trailer


 who was there?
 Helen and Judy came to say goodbye to this sweet boy.
 That about finished me off and I was in tears.
 He loaded like a champ.
Check out this halter.  I bought it used for my first horse in 1980.  A black quarter horse named Shadow.  He had a roached mane and was a good gamer, tho we did very little showing.
Anyway, I thought it was appropriate to send Rebel back to camp with it. It sure won't get mixed up
with the others.  I love the fineness and the silver.
Such a handsome boy.

 When we arrived we left him on the trailer to find someone to help us.
It's such a spectaular facility.  800 acres, 60 horses, a huge indoor, a pond to swim in and more.
The Rebel is going to get back in his groove.....pretty fast.
 Between then and when we unloaded, he put a big gash above his eye....and it was bad enough to need stitches (which he got this afternoon).  The trailer is new and beautiful...we can't figure out how he did this as there was very little blood above his eye or anywhere else.
That did not add to the already sad experience of me having to leave him.
 Afterward we went to the Shirt Factory in Medina (owned by my friends Alix and Scott)
and I treated Mary to lunch.
 She had a black bean burger
 and I had a Reuben.
Both were delicious.
 Who should walk in but Scott!
Good to see him and all the work they have put into the place.
 An instant replay for dinner.
 Once again, the evening light was gorgeous.
That's it.
Tomorrow morning chores are going to be pretty different.
Night all.


4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'm so sad to see him go. I'll miss him. I'm sure he'll miss you all as much as you do him.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh fer cryin' out loud, Rebel :-o.

Nancy J said...

A halter with silver for a silver boy. but Rebel is pure GOLD. He will do well back there, and who knows what next season will bring to you again. Yes, the morning will be so quiet. Thinking of you with love.XXX

Val Ewing said...

Awww he was so appreciated at your place. You will miss him terribly.