Followers

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Big Cool Down



 The usual start to the day.

See why we need a full time gardener?  And this is not all of them...














 It's going to take half the summer to catch up.

After lunch I went down to the village for a couple of appointments.  Stopped at Sagawa Park first, to see how we will set it up for our fundraising concert on Saturday.
 So far the weather is looking good.  Should be a great event.
 Had a 2 o'clock appointment with the massage therapist.  Really needed it.
 Whenever I go there I can't resist taking pictures of the fish.
After that I got my hair cut, then went home to get ready for dinner.

Got the horses fed and left them in while we ate.



 Pulled the farm wagon out today as we will probably be selling garlic by the end of next month.

 Gary planted another row of tomatoes.
 When Jenny, Karen and the boys got here, Coop went right out to help Grampa.



 Dinner was delish.

 A perfect night for pasta, salad and crusty bread.
 After dinner activity out in the yard for part of the crew and Karen put the horses out.


Just tucked the girls in and I am ready for some down time.
Night all.

5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Your place looks gorgeous. It's so hard to keep up with everything in the growing season. But at least it's better than all that snow we had!

Good luck with the concert. I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Anonymous said...

I know I've remarked before on the lateness of your spring this year but WOW our lilacs are well-finished and our Irises are coming to an end. I would say you're about a month behind us.
By the way, just as an idea for keen gardeners, the Provencals use lilac trees for hedging. A normal green hedge for the summer months but a scented pale-purple wonder in the spring. Magnifique!

Val Ewing said...

Summer is so busy! Seems I get up early and work until dusk.

Then it is sleep time!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It really is a lot of work to keep up with everything, but I think you're like me, that when the work is all done, it's so rewarding! I'm glad the good weather has come to you! I've missed being able to stop by your blog, and I hope you're doing well!

Terry said...

So many pretty plants!
The cool down must feel good.