Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Well What Do You Know?????

 We're havin' a heat wave...a tropical heat wave.
 A little over 80 degrees today.

 These girls don't know if they should grow winter coats or shed.



 I had all kinds of plans for going on a trike ride, but it got so windy I said
fagetaboutit.
 Class at 10:30.







 After that, it was lunch and finishing my speech for the Town Board meeting tonight.
We got there around 6:40 and it was almost dark.



 I did my thing and Pam was there to video the whole meeting.
 This afternoon we found out the board was going to present the preliminary budget for 2015.
 Several people made comments and I turned in petitions signed by 1025 people.
 The Town Supervisor cut to the chase!
WE CAN HAVE A PART TIME DIRECTOR AND RETURN TO OUR 9-4 HOURS STARTING IN JANUARY!!!!
I have been working with one amazing committee.  All seniors, bright, energetic, and so community minded.  We did our homework and treated the board, the public and the issue with great dignity.
It really payed off and I am looking forward to all the positive changes we will be making on behalf of all the Seniors who love our Center.
Night all.

8 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Way to go!!!

Tombstone Livestock said...

Congratulations, good job.

Cloudia said...

You get SO much out of every day!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3

Nancy J said...

And you can be so pleased with this result, after many hours of work, words, petitions, evenings spent typing or phoning. well done. Now I hope everyone comes to benefit from all this. Cheers,Jean

Mountainlaurel said...

You are such an inspiration!!! I love to read about your life daily. Way to go, from Laurel in Kingsport, TN

Bow Street Flowers said...

Congratulations Lori! So happy for your success.

Birdman said...

CONGRATS!
Fine work. When lots of hands are pulling, work gets done... a lot of work.

Sharon Creech said...

Brilliant! Congratulations . . . xx