Followers

Friday, December 19, 2008

SO FAR, THE WEATHERMAN IS SPOT ON...













At least ten inches by noon.  It started about 8am and was blowing like crazy...on days like this I am so grateful to have a shed roof to put the hay under.  I needed to go to the store and decided to take the truck because it seemed safer...the visibility was awful.  I bought my groceries and made it back to the farm in time to put the horses back in the barn.  Now, I am getting ready to go back out to get the hay cubes ready for tonight.  There seems to be so much more work when the weather is like this.

6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I've got to say the pictures look the exact same here. Not much visibility and no chance of it slowing down anytime soon.
I think it only seems like more work in weather like this because it's so cold and wet and everything takes so much longer to do.
Pretty pictures though. Stay warm.

San said...

Those horses are beautiful creatures. And they look rather festive in their red and green cover-ups.

I love that stark shot of the gate and fence in the snow. Nice study of lines and angles.

I hope that once your outdoor work is completed, you will have a chance to cozy up inside.

Lori Skoog said...

Thanks for the comments. I was in the house by 5:30 after kicking the horses out for a little while (to clean the stalls AGAIN and set up for the evening feed). After a great dinner I am now going to take a steamy shower and crawl in bed with a hot water bottle!
Lori

CoyoteFe said...

Excellent scenes! They look like icefalls cascading over the trees. You are a trooper. I must say your hornses look like they would rather be wintering in Florida. :-)

Lisa & Gerald said...

love your farm in the snow looks so beautiful! But I still think you need more snow ! giggle giggle

Unknown said...

that's a nasty weather ! The horses do not seem to mind much about that.
They might have a thick hair !