Followers

Friday, January 29, 2021

Post #7140 White Out....

 Another very cold morning.  The high by noon was 16 and it was squally.

I did not let Phoebe stay out very long.









After chores I drove into Rochester to pick up some meals at Effortlessly Healthy.
There were white outs from the time I left our driveway, but the road was in pretty good shape.


I'm working on a project for Shaina and was sent home with lots of goodies.
It was not quite so bad on the way home.
I decided to make an apple pie this afternoon.



Our friend Doug was coming over to work on my computer,
as he and his other band have discovered a way to hold rehearsals on line by using
this Audio Interface (Focusrite) that I ordered from Sweetwater.  It's just a little box and I plug in my mic, uke and headphones (no amp needed) then hook it up to my computer.
Also got a good set of headphones.  After spending 3 hours getting everything organized (first cleaning out a lot of junk), I was finally hooked up and we did a test with Nancy and Tom.  Just did one song, but wow!
It's like being on a sound stage.  This is going to be fun and we can rehearse from our own homes.  We will also hook up to Zoom, with no audio, so we can see each other.  Such a gas.
It's so nice to have techie friends who can figure out this stuff.
Meanwhile, we are taking it easy.

Night all.




1 comment:

lilysgrannie said...

Wow, the Focusrite sounds fascinating! I really miss playing with my ukulele group and have been taking online lessons from Stu Fuchs from Vermont. He uses YouTube Livestream and YouTube. For the paid for events for his Pateones he uses Zoom. He's a talented and natural teacher and I met him at a live ukulele festival in Palm Springs.

Stay warm and safe!

Ann