Followers

Monday, October 22, 2018

Takin' It Easy...

I can't believe how long it takes for the light to show up these days.
That should change pretty soon.
 Little Wonder and Phoebe were happy to get back into their morning routine,
 going out to the barn with me.
 It was very cold and we ended up at 50 degrees.
No blankets yet.


 I moved a few things away from the indoor and Gary ended up doing the bulk of the work. Nice and neat now, but there are big areas where the grass has disappeared. Steve will come back and finish the windows and that will be that.
In the next couple days I need to mow the lawn.

At 2pm I had a meeting at the Town Hall
and stopped at Wegmans on the way back to the farm.
The sun was starting to go down, but we did not have any spectacular color.
 I picked up some small red potatoes as Martha Stewart did something interesting with them and I wanted to give it a try.
First I boiled and drained them.  While they cooled I put a little 
olive oil on a sheet pan.
Then, I took a flat wooden spoon and smashed them down and added a little butter.
 Caramelized an onion and topped the potatoes after they had been in the oven
(425 degrees) for 20 minutes.
 When they started getting crisp I added a little extra sharp cheddar cheese.
 Voila!
 Served them with chicken, leftover fried red cabbage
 and a beet salad.
Delish.
Night all.


No comments: