Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Crispy and Bright.....

Gorgeous day.





 After chores were done I went up to the loft and threw down a couple bales of hay.
 I love our barns.  There was a date in one that says 1897.
 I can't imagine how they were built.

















 I had everything I needed to make a rustic tart and decided to make one this morning.
Thought it would be a nice treat for Nancy and Lori, who were going to arrive at 1 so
we could practice.

I've got this down pat.
I used a rolled pie crust from Wegmans after I let it get to room temperature.
This was so slick!
I used a piece of parchment paper on top of a small pie plate and trimmed it before
unrolling the crust.  Then, set it on a cookie sheet.
The ingredients?
3 peeled and sliced apples, splash of orange juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour and a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon.  Tossed everything in a bowl and put it on the pie crust.  Then I turned in the edges, brushed on a little butter, and sprinkled the top with sugar.  Also put a dab of butter on top of the apples.
 Baked it at 400 for 50 minutes (or until nicely browned).

By using parchment paper, the pie plate and cookie sheet were perfectly clean
and I was able to slide the tart right off the paper onto a plate.
We are keeping all the veggies Gary picked on the back porch so they stay cool.


 They will have to be covered tonight as the temperature could be close to freezing.
 Nancy and Lori arrived on time and we played and sang for about three hours.
  I must say that it is hard work trying to develop harmonies.
 Of course we took a break to enjoy the tart.
 The light was still beautiful when they left
 and I drove down to Wegmans to pick up a few things.

 In addition to the groceries, I came home with a wrap which we split for dinner along with homemade chicken soup.
Just right.
Night all.


1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful weather! We had a nice day too. That rustic tart looks delicious! I might try it. The barn construction is amazing for the year it was built. It's mind boggling how whoever built it did such a great job and it's lasted this long.