Followers

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Doo Wop




After cleaning the stalls I added bags of shredded paper.  I would highly recommend 
it and the price is right!  The combination with shavings makes the footing so spongy.

 Sidney
 Little Wonder and Phoebe kept me company.










 After we got back to the house I grabbed my uke and tried a new tuner that I ordered.
Much nicer than my old one.
Then I started gathering some music to pass out at our jam tomorrow.
 As a huge fan of Doo Wop, I picked out the following two pieces that I want to 
incorporate into a 4 song medley.
Many of the people in our jam group remember this music from the good old days...
to us, it's classic!
I like this version.

 Early afternoon I ran some errands and wanted to get my car washed.
Once again there were about 15 people in front of me so I just washed it myself.
 Fortunately I had a towel in the back and tried to dry it off before
the water was frozen (it did freeze on the side mirrors).
 I got things organized for dinner before going out for evening chores.










6 thin organic pork chops were thawed, and ready to be breaded.
Enough for two meals.
 I added onion and topped them with a squirt of honey mustard.


 We also had a fruit salad with yogurt and baked sweet potatoes.

 When we finished eating, the dogs asked Gary to let them out
 and of course he complied.
Between them and the cats we are up and down....up and down.
Time to get out by the fire.
Night all.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Life could be a dream!! What a golden oldie, love it.Still looks mighty cold up your way.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Like the music, great classics! Same here with the dogs, up and down and in and out all day.

Val Ewing said...

I used to take shredded paper home from work in my pickup for my horses when I lived in SE WI. The horses had a run in so they could get out of the wind. It was fantastic bedding.
Kenosha was so flat there were no wind breaks at all! I don't miss that at all.

lilysgrannie said...

Our ukulele club, Baywood Ukulele Social Club, In Los Osos, CA uses Good Night Sweetheart by the Spaniels to end our season each month. We use Let the Good Times Roll to open our sessions. We are trying to move away from paper copies (with limited success) and our leader downloads all the music into and app called Box which allows you to access the music on your iPad off line. It's one of my best afternoons each month when I play with them. Stay warm!

Lori Skoog said...

lilysgrannie! Well, today our jam group played the two songs I posted and I told them about your opening and closing songs. Great idea.