Followers

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Sunflowers

Sunshine....all day long.








 Gary picked some sunflowers for the studio....they sure light up a room.








 Carina delivered our bread order and the kids brought along book to read .
 They could not be cuter!







 A recipe I have posted in the past showed up on FB and reminded me that it's been too
long since we had this dish.  Bean Salad (I made a LOT) was the first part of this recipe.
Here goes.
I started by draining 6 cans of organic beans....light and dark kidney beans, garbanzos, kidney beans, green beans and black beans.   Dumped them into a bowl and added chopped onion and diced green peppers.
 I par boiled a carrot (from our garden)
 along with some yellow beans and added them.
 In a sauce pan I added 1 1/3 cups of cider vinegar, 2/3 cup of oil and 1 cup of sugar.
Heated until sugar dissolved and poured on top of bean mixture.
 In the meantime, I prepared 1/2 box of pasta rings.
Placed them in a bowl and mixed in a little Italian dressing to keep them from sticking.
When cooled, added some of the bean mixture salt and pepper.
 Finished with mayo and topped with cherry tomatoes from our garden.
 For dinner, I chopped up some Romaine lettuce and put it in a bowl with a little Italian dressing.
Plopped on the mac salad and serve with crackers, pickled beets (ours) and a couple pieces of pepperoni.  A picnic and so delicious.
 Karen had chore duty...
 and I took the pups out for a short stroll.






Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love the sunflowers and salad! Great pictures of the pups too.

Connie said...

I'm not sure which is prettier . . . the sunflowers or the meal you prepared :) Happy Wednesday!
Connie :)