Followers

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Lasagna

 We had some rain last night so we are back in the mud.
 A couple of days ago Angel and Maggie were both gimpy,
but both seemed to be doing much better this morning.
I'm sure they were enjoying the drizzle and soft ground.





 I had a very nice day in spite of the weather.  At 11 I went down to Mary's and then headed


 over to Java and met Cheryl for a salad.  
I have never seen it so packed!  All kinds of people we knew were there and
it was like old home week.
 On my way home I stopped at Wegmans for a nice loaf of bread as Sally and Judy
were coming over for dinner.
I was in the mood for some lasagna and started off making sauce (from our garden).
 Once everything was organized, I started building.




 Between the fire and twinkie lights, the atmosphere was very cozy.
 Judy brought an antipasto/salad that was superb.
 The lasagna must have weighed 10 pounds (and there is enough left for 3 more dinners).
 You just had to be there....
 Sally baked almond cookies for dessert.  Light.  Perfect.  Delish.
I'm so glad we could get together before our calendars get even crazier in the next two weeks.
Always a pleasure.
Night all.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Lasagna is my favorite dish to make for the holidays! I love it.
Yours adds some wonderful fresh spinach it looks like.

Stephen Andrew said...

My family always has lasagna on the 23rd. Looking forward to that! Yours looks so good.