Followers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FIGHTING FOR PHOEBE...





Yesterday when I went to the Center, I posted a huge 3 page article from a Therapy Dog International publication, and some pictures of Phoebe with several Seniors.
Today I spoke to a staff member and will make arrangements for her to visit them at a particular time and place.  She can no longer visit the way she used to.  We shall see how that develops.

Lynda, Fe, Gayle and all of you who understand the value of a Therapy Dog working with Seniors....I thank you.  Boo to all the grumps in this world.

By the way, Phoebe had a photo shoot with a photographer over a year ago...her groom thought she would be perfect for commercials or ads in dog magazines...never really pursued it, but I have had a lot of fun with the pictures.

6 comments:

photogchic said...

Hi Lori...thanks for stopping by Equine Mine. I added you to my blog roll. I just lost one of my riding buddies when she moved to NY. She lives in Peaksville and she just found a wonderful natural horsemanship barn to lease a horse from. Look forward to reading all about the Skoogs:-)

CoyoteFe said...

You and Phoebe "go 'head, girls!". I hope the staff quickly re-discovers the value of Phoebe (they should really know better!). Grumps, indeed. They should be doing everything they can to support the happy in the center.

And, Ha! I told you Phoebe is a natural. :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved the one with Phoebe on the treasure chest!

Spartacus Jones said...

A dog provides better therapy than most doctors, doesn't charge an outrageous fee, doesn't get kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies, and makes house calls.

No contest.

Good for you and Phoebe.
And good pics, too.

sj

Gayle said...

Those photos are the best! I can't imagine any of my pups sitting still long enough! :) Good luck Phoebe....I hope the Grumps figure out your worth soon!

Unknown said...

Yes the pictures are realy beautiful.