Followers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

THE MORNING NEWS



I have a little tv in the feed room (out in the barn) and I listen to talk shows and news while I am doing chores.  Before I went out this morning, I got a comment from Gayle who lives in Fairbanks, Alaska.  People up there seem to really like Governor Sarah.  On the news today I learned more about her...she played basketball in high school, is an excellent marksman, was on the cover of Vogue a short time ago and her nickname was "Baracuda."  Then I heard Newt say that she was exciting and Joe Biden was boring.  John (the Maverick) McCain was not going to pick someone boring.  Being a woman does not mean that Hillary supporters will automatically swing over to support her.  Hillary had and still has a huge following because of what she stands for, not just because she is a woman.  There is absolutely no comparison.  Yet, people have every right to make choices....just don't underestimate the minds of the women in this country...they know the difference.

2 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

Hear, hear! I know absolutely nothing about Gov. Palin, (and will recognize Gayle's experience with her), but, so far, I do not agree with most of her social philsophies. She does reminds me a Sally Field ...

Gayle said...

Okay guys...lets not let this get out-of-hand! (Insert big smile and laughter). I know nothing of politics...I just said she's a magnet...she's draws you in...I'm not sure why or how, but she's just one of those very likeable women, and I don't like a lot of women. I more of a hang-out-with-the-guys kind of person. In fact, I don't know squat about McCain or Obama. I would imagine my lack of interest comes from the fact that my vote really has absolutely no bearing on who the next President will be. Doesn't Alaska have like one electoral vote and there are 55 in California? Anyhow, the point is I could be a fanatic and talk politics all I want, but my voice really wouldn't matter. So I use my energy for other things. Anyhow, it seems from what you all are saying McCain picking Palin is good for your Obama, and our little ole state (BIG state, really) gets a little recognition. Guess we all win! :) Since I'm so long winded I'll tell you a funny story...tonight we played high school football against Wasilla. That's the town where Governor Palin comes from. Some obnoxious jerk yells out at our players to watch out 'cause they have the new VP backing them. Really? I doubt it, but the point is the Presidential race isn't near as important to Alaskans as who we send to Congress is. Okay. Happy Political season to you all and that will be the end of my venture into the political arena. I find it destroys more friendships than it makes. I'd rather talk about my chickens (who by-the-way started laying eggs again! Woohoo!). (Please, note, I am all smiles here!)