Followers

Friday, June 13, 2008

STORMY WEATHER



This afternoon my friends Judy and Louise came up to pick strawberries and rhubarb to make some jam.  It was over 90 and extremely humid.  At noon I had picked up a load of sawdust and we still had to unload it before chores...the heat brought on mucho sweato, and I fed the horses late.  Just when I got them all outside for their hay, we had very strong thunder and lightning and I had to put them inside and redo the hay.  Did not get in the house 'til 8pm, so we went down the street to eat.  The last time we were there, the sky was beautiful and the same thing happened tonight.  While it was still raining hard, the sun came through the clouds.
On days like this, staying inside and in front of a fan is pretty nice.  
Totally off the subject, I was very sad to hear that newsman Tim Russert died today. I thought he did a great job...a Buffalo boy.

No comments: