Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Bon Voyage!

We had a warm up today and most of the snow melted....again.
No jackets today.  More opportunity to get dirty.






 Ever since we moved in (1981) this window has been missing in Gary's barn.
Sidney and Seymour use it to go in and out of the barn.









 Jenny and Scott came to †he farm around noon and brought lunch.
 It was good to have some time to catch up.


After they left I made a waldorf salad, as tonight Pam was having a dinner for her Mom (Sally), who is going to be moving to Florida next week.
Gary and Scott were kind enough to go to Sally's house to pick up an Armoire she gave me.  Little did I know it weighed a TON.  At first I wanted to use it for my computer, but decided to use it as a storage space for all my instruments instead.  A Djembe (inside the top section), Sangba, Conga and Turkish drums (on top),  1 guitar, 2 baritone ukes, a regular uke and some percussion instruments (sticks, tambourine, washboard etc.)
Now we have a library/music room.  It's official.  I need to start a band.
After getting everything set up, it was time to do evening chores.
Tucked the girls in....


 fed the dogs....and we were off to Pam's for a turkey dinner.





















Sally really enjoyed herself and it was a very sweet sendoff.
Home before 9 and trying to finish this post so I can relax.

I need to stay awake for Saturday Night Live.
Night all.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

A great farewell meal together, and the friendship will carry on through the states further south.

Grey Horse Matters said...

A very nice farewell dinner with friends. I'm sure she'll love the weather there. Beautiful armoire too and the perfect place for your instruments!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Love the "cat-door!" :-)

It has been warm here too - I've been looking for a new coat for Todd, but am wondering if I need to keep thinking about one this year, how much more winter will we get - Dare I ask?

And a tribute to friendship with such a lovely get together that I know will long be remembered and treasured.

Michelle said...

You have a beautiful new spot for your instruments!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love the blue poncho!