Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Big News!

 We had about 5 brief minutes of color this morning.




 It did not warm up as quickly as predicted, so I left the blankets on the girls.  Windy.



 Class at 10:30.
I served French Press coffee topped with whipped cream.  Normally we have tea.
 We had our regular bread delivery, which throws us all into orbit as it smells so good.

 Carina has gone out of her way to deliver our weekly orders.  Today her kids joined her.






During class there was a knock on the door and we had visit number one from a reporter sent out from Channel 13 in Rochester.  She interviewed me and then I introduced her to my class.  Earlier tonight I was on the news discussing the shooting that occurred out back last night.
In case you missed it, a father and son were out hunting for coyotes (in the dark) and in the same area there was another hunter.  The father shot the other man and things went downhill from there.  The victim has lost a kidney and his spleen, but is hanging on.  The father was arrested and charged with assault (now out on bail).  Both families will never be the same.  
Why were they coming to our house?  Because the newspaper printed our address as the location.
A short time later, we had visit number two.  Channel 8 was at the door and I was interviewed again.
 We had quite a chat and then these two went out back and took some footage of a very muddy Maggie and the back of the farm.  Crazy.  I was on the 6 o'clock news and never like the way I look.
Is that really me?
 Finally, Channel 10 arrived and we had visit number three and a chat but no filming.
Not the usual day.


 Mid afternoon I took the blankets off the girls.





 It may reach 60 tomorrow, Thursday and Friday.


 At 7 we had a brief Town Board meeting and then I went over to The Chateau, 
a new Luxury Living Complex in Brockport.



 I was very impressed and view it as quite an addition to our community.
Soon, this restaurant will be open to the public, and
tenants will be moving in by the end of the month.
 I took a brief tour....


 It's a whole new option.
Night all.

PS
Hopefully we will have some down time tomorrow.
Maybe a bike ride!

5 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Wow you are famous! Today looks like a day with beautiful warm weather. I may brush up a mule and go for a ride!

Dreaming said...

Another crazy busy day for you! Love the morning color. So pretty!

C-ingspots said...

Wow, hunting in the dark - doesn't sound like a smart thing to do. Kind of exciting being on the local news and all. :) Those coffees look tasty!

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

That was quite a day!!

Michelle said...

What a terrible accident. Made for a crazy day at your house.