Followers

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings...

 By 6am the sun was streaming into the kitchen.
 We were off to a muggy start, so I walked over to the
Studio and turned on the air conditioner so it would
be cool for class.














 Little Wonder and Phoebe can't wait for my students to show up.

 Today we worked on contour line drawing.




 Lunch was delicious....avacado toast and a big glass of iced tea.

 At 2:45 I had an appointment for Phoebe and Little Wonder
to have Heartworm tests, they got their nails trimmed and I bought heart worm
along with flea and tick meds for 6 months.  $364.00!!!!!!!
I did not expect it to be that much!


 Last week we traded some garlic scapes for homemade pasta
made by a friend's son who is a chef.  Tonight was the night
to have a taste.  Jenny started working at 6am and has been running
all over the county poll watching.  Her boss is in a primary and
she has been very busy for weeks.  Anyway, I made enough so
she could have something to eat before going back to Rochester.
I put a salad in a jar and did the same with iced tea and lemon.
Gary delivered at the beginning of a monsoon.
Just before he left, tv programming was interrupted 
with loud beeps and severe storm warnings.  They 
said there could be hail and 60mph winds.
We did not get that part.
 Karen was not here yet, so I went out and closed the 
doors to the indoor and run ins so they would not get soaked.





The horses did not want to go in their stalls, but were smart enough to stay under
the shed roof.  Karen arrived just as I left the paddock.
Dinner was delicious.
 You can't beat homemade pasta.



Night all.

PS
As I was cleaning out a file cabinet I came across this
photo of David P.  He used to come here when he was
a very little boy and loved riding (Stephanie used to babysit for him
and his brother and sister).  Today he lives
in Las Vegas and is headed toward the Grand Prix.
Ironically, that's where Steph ended up and now they
are still able to see each other.  I am so proud of
his accomplishments in the riding world.


1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Phew, what a downpour. I listened with my volume turned up to HIGH, then again at a lesser decibel, still way too much falling. Love your golden day lily.