Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Peaceful Protest

This was quite a day.
 Karen soaked Maggie's foot this morning....she was pretty gimpy.






 At noon Gary and I met Jenny on the corner of routes 19 and 31 to
participate in a peaceful protest.

 I'd say the majority of the participants were between 18 and 25.
A few of us oldies showed up.




 I'm glad we were able to be there....it's time for all of us to use our voices.












 The protesters were very well behaved and all wore masks.
 Many of the cars driving by were very supportive.
A couple made nasty remarks, but 99% were great.
We drove by on our way home.

Little Wonder was happy to see us when we got back to the farm..



 I pulled some rhubarb to make sauce for Jenny.
We are all into having it on plain Greek yogurt.






 At 3:30 Jenny dropped off Finn and Coop so they 
could help Grampa cut down three dead trees.

 He could not have done it without them!



 Jen and Scott came to pick up the boys and 
were there for the grand finale.

 I was very impressed.
Everything was cleaned up before they left
and we now have a lot of wood to burn this winter.
Dinner was weird tonight.
It was a scramble.



 I had a pineapple that was ripe and needed to be eaten,
so Gary grilled it for me, along with a couple
Italian sausage patties which I served open faced
on a piece of toast topped with peppers and onions.
Originally I was going to make Mac salad, but ended
up with pasta/butter/oil/Pecorino Romano cheese.
Ran out of time.
 A crazy combo, but it tasted great.
I went out for chore duty after we ate.







A beautiful evening.
Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

It is always a huge relief when a tree falls safely.Love those wide sky views, beautiful colours.And helpers, a friend just dropped in to do the heat pump filters, grandies are too far away for a quick visit.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a full and busy day! I'm on an overnight trip, and drove through Charlottesville and passed several groups holding signs and I honked my support. You are right, we need to use our voices, and I hope that the determination for change will continue.