Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

JOIN ME FOR A TRAIL RIDE...

Rick's new horse...

George and Duke....

OK, I'm ready to get off the trailer....(Berlin...my horse)

What was that spooky thing?

Brenda and Berlin....

Closer....

A beautiful pond was right next to the trail....

An over the shoulder shot without looking....

just because....
This was a gigantic woods....

The pines were soft and beautiful....

I must say, we had to do a lot of ducking...

Can you tell that this is a place for hunters to watch for deer?

Lots of yellow...

Nancy, our scout, and McCoy.   She knows how to find her way home....


Brenda and her horse Big Bills.  We can hear the horses at the barn where we started...almost there.


Unlike this morning, the weather was windy and grey, but once you were in the woods, the yellow leaves brightened everything up.  Berlin is the least experienced horse out of the 5 that were there today... all the others will go through absolutely anything.  My horse is very cautious around water and would love to avoid it at all costs. I rode her with an English Hackamore which is not that different from a halter with reins...could keep my hands on the buckle almost the entire time.  When we were off trail, she was going over huge logs and through branches at her head and on the ground...very cooperative.  We had to do about 1/3 of a mile on the road and that does not excite me (fortunately there was a very wide shoulder).  The more rides we go on, the better she becomes.  Today a deer ran in front of us and a fox crossed the path...she was great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful ride ! If I could have been there with you...
Only one thing puzzles me : noone wears a helmet. I always wear my helmet especially outside because of the branches. And I must say it has been useful several times.
Have a good week end !