Followers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A BUSY AFTERNOON...
















I got a call from my friend Christy and met her for lunch before I started doing errands.  It was nice to catch up.  Next I went to the bank and then home to pick up Phoebe so she could ride along with me.  It has been difficult to find shredded beet pulp with no molasses, so I have to convert over to pellets....our first stop was at Higbies Farm supply.  I have been going there for almost 30 years! Next we drove out to the Genesee Valley Equine Clinic where I picked up a container of bute.  I like to have it on hand.  When we headed back home, I passed a gas station and regular unleaded was only $2.14...so I filled up my tank and drove East toward the tiny Village of Bergen.  We patronize two stores in particular....Ralph and Rosie's Deli (for Pizza) and Greg'rys Bakery...I could not resist picking up a couple of gigantic peanut butter cookies.  I got home just in time to start soaking hay cubes for the evening feed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Higbie's ! What a great place! It wasn't all that long ago when they used to deliver right to our place, then hall all the feed out to the barn.

I remember that Rob called to tell me the news that they couldn't afford to do that anymore. I wasn't surprised, but I sure do miss that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining me for lunch today. I wish I had one of those scrumptious baked goods you took photos of, yummy. Christy Q

Anonymous said...

I love the footprint photo, especially Phoebes! Christy Q

Gayle said...

Your photos of businesses are so quaint. I like the mom and pop kind of places. We are so "city" here in our "small" town. Really, as a town to live it is isn't all that great...so impersonal. Nothing like the great friendships you have made as you travel through town running errands. Good things we have great scenery!