Followers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

THE MONEY PIT!



Here it is!  My bomb of a PT Cruiser. Yesterday I couldn't shift the gears!  Today for $1150 I got a new clutch...gee, they had to remove the transmission to find out what was wrong. This car is a 2001 model (that I bought new) and it only has 51,000 miles on it.  Not too many months ago I needed new rims as my tires kept losing air (a characteristic of this vehicle)...I went to get hub caps and they were all made of chintzy plastic!  Guess what, I am going cold turkey and plan to keep this car until it rots.  It gets great mileage, has a perfect leather interior and I love to drive it.  Most people do not like a 5 speed standard transmission, but most of my cars have been that way. For years I had trucks so I could pull my horse trailer (now I use Gary's truck).  
When I was a kid, my Uncle Shine (who owned a used car dealership) would let me come down and pick out a car that I wanted to drive around for a day.  I would always take convertibles. You won't believe what my first car was...an Austin Healey 3000.  Italian Racing Red with a black leather interior...wire wheels and Michelin tires.  The deal was this...I would live at home when I did my student teaching (in Warren, Pennsylvania), and I would use my housing money to by a car.  Of course Uncle Shine found me the best thing anyone could ever ask for.  Going to teach was like driving on a Grand Prix course.  Hills, through the woods, fabulous scenery....  Cars used to be a big deal to me...I have been through a Beetle, a 4 passenger Thunderbird Convertible (uncle Shine again), a 67 Mustang convertible,
a big old woody Jeep Wagoneer, a 1/2 ton Dodge truck, a 3/4 ton Chevy truck, and a few ordinary vehicles.  Now...I could care.  I want something practical that gets good mileage.
My dream car, if I won the lottery, would be a White Jaguar Sedan with a natural leather interior.  If I just had a lot of extra dollars at this time, I would get a hybrid.  This information I am giving you says a lot about me.  But what does it mean?  I would even like a tractor.

1 comment:

CoyoteFe said...

Maybe, it menas you like movement. Baha.

More please.