Followers

Monday, February 27, 2017

Ladies of Leisure....

A very beautiful sunrise this morning.

 Pretty chilly.
 After breakfast, Little Wonder and Phoebe were waiting to go outside.
 Here's the last series of tulip photos....(they got dumped today).



 Chores as usual.  I must admit that I'm glad the snow was gone.









 At noon I went to Hanny's house for an afternoon of lunch and bridge.
 I have to show you her sewing room as it is the epitome of all sewing rooms!  
Talk about organization!
 Her house is full of collections...like the buttons below and the roosters that are all over the place.


Brenda....your paintings are perfect in this room.
 Hanny is a quilt maker and her work is impeccable.

This sewing machine must be the Rolls Royce version.






 She made chocolate chip cookies for dessert....
 and set a beautiful table filled with sunshine.




 If I lived in her house, I would be spending a lot of time in that chair below.
The light in her office space is perfect for reading and taking naps.
 One of her walls is filled with drawings, paintings and prints of the local scene.
This is a print I had made from watercolor and ink drawings produced by my Studio in Art students.
Storefronts in Brockport back in the 90s.  We sold a ton of these and I find them all over town.



 We had red lentil soup, salad and home made popovers for lunch...
(and the cookies for dessert of course).
 It felt good to play bridge.
 On the way home I went to Wegmans
 and bought a new bunch of tulips to replace the others
(along with many other items).
 I had picked up a ham and cheese sub for dinner, so it was pretty simple.
 Worked with Little Wonder tonight, practicing what Barb has been teaching us.
 He is really starting to respond, learning to do things without any verbal cues.
I hold a toy in my hands and when he goes down I give it to him.  He looks at me and I wait until he does what he is supposed to do.  Such a smart little cookie.  He will sit in a heartbeat.

You know who spends her time snoozing.
 It never did get that warm today.  The wind kept things cool.
 Time to get out by the fire.
Night all.
PS
I have now have over 3/4 of a million hits on my counter.
Thanks to all of you who have tuned in.


5 comments:

Tomato Thymes said...

Congrats on the hits and I so enjoy reading your blog. Lis

thecrazysheeplady said...

Thanks for pics and writing :-D.

lilysgrannie said...

Your friend's sewing room is amazing. Not only is it organized but organized with great style. I'm very jealous but happy I have a small little spot to call my own too! Thanks for your photos and blog, I read it every morning.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying a little sun. Beautiful flowers
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love your friends sewing room. I could never be that organized. Really like her roosters and coffee pots too. I like Phoebe's idea of relaxing. After all this training is old hat to her. Congratulations on your hits that's a big accomplishment! Love your blog.