Followers

Friday, June 13, 2014

Revelation....

Guess what I just figured out.  The reason my eyes have been bugging me is because I was wearing my old distance glasses and not my newer ones that had the perscription changed.  Duh!!! Oh well, I had an eye exam and ordered new glasses.  Can't wait to explain that goof when I go back to pick them up.  Senility has set in.

As for today....
 Not a whole lot of sunshine.


 After chores I went to Wegmans and when I got home the lawn was dry enough for me to start mowing.  Got half of it done before lunch, then Gary and I went down to Coop's school to watch an end of the year program.

"KIDS ROCK"
 Their principal is retiring, so the did a spoof on the Princess and the Pea.






 Nice job Coop!

We ran a couple of errands on the way home and I was ready to take a nap...but no....I had to finish mowing the lawn.  Then I made some potato salad followed by fruit salad followed by evening chores.  We had a few sprinkles and the gnats were out in force.








 This was Gary's last day of work at Sara's.

 He brought home an apple tree for our little orchard (which seems to be doing well at the moment).  There used to be an inground pool here and when we filled it in a few years ago, this is what it turned into.
The week of the peonies is here....they are nothing less than spectacular.




 Dinner was a combo of leftover salads....

 Grilled ham (brown sugar and mustard)
 and the potato salad I made earlier.
 Delish.
Now, about the Croatia/Brazil Soccer Match yesterday.  Out in Las Vegas, our granddaughters and their family (and friends) were all decked out with a strong show of support.  Can you guess who they were rooting for?  Back on the east coast, the other grandparents, aunts and their families were all decked out in similar clothing.
 Talk about spirit.
Ariana and Daniela have had the opportunity to spend several summers with their grandparents and great grandparents in Croatia.  They love it there....right on the water.
So sorry their team did not win.

That's a wrap.
Night all.

6 comments:

Cloudia said...

ALOHA Skoog Farm

from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= <3

Nancy J said...

Croatia, you gave Brazil a real run-a-round!! Lovely flowers, one of my favs, and your dinner, yummy as ever. Cheers,Jean.

Birdman said...

Weather here today?
Got Rain?

Terry said...

Hey, I'm still wearing my old glasses - can't seem to adjust to the new ones.
So glad Gary gets the summer off.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A perfect day from start to finish, except for those darn gnats which we have in abundance too.

My peonies are done blooming for this year--They really do put on quite a show, don't they?

Sharon Creech said...

Those peonies are ahhhh-mazing. I love them. xx