Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Merry-Go-Round and Round

A very busy day.




 After chores I mowed half of the lawn before heading over to the park.
 Just as I left, had to grab a couple shots of these gigunda blossoms.  We have never had them get this big!  This is the second time it has bloomed.


 On the first Sunday in June, the Northampton Driving Society presents its Annual Driving Competition.  Generally I go over to do a photo shoot and today I did not have much time.
 When I got there, Sandy was handing out the ribbons for the 4th class.
 Here are a few of the competitors and their beautiful horses.
























 Could not stay long as I had to finish mowing the lawn and needed to start on dinner, as we were having our monthly getogether with Ron, Ann, Al and Brenda.  This was our first picnic of the season.  I made sauerkraut....

and barbeeeequed green beans.

 Also sauteed some peppers and onions.
Gary grilled Italian sausage and some bratwurst, and Ann brought "Dublin" potato salad.
It was outstanding and very different...included potatoes and cabbage and cubed corned beef (among other things).  
 
  We also had fruit salad....
 and Brenda made a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.
Big yum.
Night all.  I am pooped.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Beautiful photos, I have a friend in the South Island, originally from Netherlands, her husband makes the carriages, she does the driving, super video, they are so graceful. Lovely meal, as always. Cheers, Jean.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Beautiful horses!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Gorgeous horses! Love the guy in the header.

Dreaming said...

Yeah, I think I am smitten! What lovely haffies! Mr. Dreamy loves sauerkraut. I'll have to encourage him to make some.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh how fun!!!

Terry said...

How I would have loved to be there!