Followers

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A LONG ONE....

This morning after chores I worked on several of the horses trying to get off more hair.
Babe's Opal is a 29 yo 1/2 Arab 1/2 Welsh/Morgan 13 hand pony.  She has more hair than any of my other horses at this time.  The only one with more, is Randy's horse, Joe (the Belgian).
As you can see, it was coming off by the bucket.


Nice morning...the temperature rose to the 60s as the day went on....
I needed a wheel barrow to bring in all the masks for a washing, and will drop one off for Abbe tomorrow when I go to Glen Darach Farm for a driving clinic.
Our two grandaughters are arriving tomorrow, so it was off to Wegmans to buy lots of groceries.
I had to go out and clean the water trough when I got home and took the dogs for a walk out back.
As you can see, our barns are very old.
Except for the red indoor...I am very anxious to have a minute to ride on my fluffy outdoor arena.
I gave the horses an hour on the big pasture before going into the house.

The flowers are popping up in all the gardens.  How does your garden grow?






The light was flashing on the answering machine when I got in the house.  We were invited out to dinner at the Bott's, who live on the shore of Lake Ontario.

They have a beautiful home...I've have taken you there before.
I tried to grab a few shots before dark.













































What did we have for dinner?  It all started with a fruit cup.  Then we moved on to pork medallions on corn bread stuffing.  A nice side salad with nuts, apples, craisons and raspberry dressing.  Homemade biscuits with butter and honey.  Dessert...brownies with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and a little whipped cream.  Not too shabby!  There were flowers in every room and the company was as good as it gets.  Home by 11 and the dogs were not happy!  After this, I need to get to bed so I can attempt to do morning chores early.  Have to be out of here by 9am.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Great photos!

allhorsestuff said...

Lovely Day Lori...sweet dinner friends too!
Did you get a sweet little ride in the fluffy arena?
Kac

Sally in WA said...

I love your old barns. They are beautiful structures.