Followers

Monday, April 12, 2021

Post #7214 Still Raining....

And so it continues.  Just a little over 50 degrees.





I will admit that this kind of weather makes me want to cook, so I decided to make some soup from a recipe I saw online.
Of course I never follow directions....
Had no thyme, marjoram or bay leaves.  And only had a tiny bit of chicken in the stock I made.
Added 4 heaping cups of spinach and 1 cup of orzo.  Also used a little over 7 cups of stock.

1st, the onion, celery and carrots....
then minced garlic and Rosemary.
After that, 1/4 cup flour was added gradually while I stirred it in.

Then the stock....
orzo,
spinach
and the juice of one lemon.


What a great combo of ingredients.

Little Wonder tried a couple tablespoons of soup for his dinner....

Then, we ate.
Delicious!
Night all.



 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

You make the most beautiful meals! Hubby wanted steak and green beans. Or meat and tators. Don't try and fool him with fancy stuff!
I do push healthier meals at him and he is very picky.

Cold and rainy here too, but we really needed the rain. The woods are greening up quite a bit and at least the fire danger is gone!