Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

Random 5 Friday

Five things I love about being retired.


1.  Instead of going out to the barn at 5am to do chores I can go out at a more reasonable hour and don't have to hurry.

2.  Having time is worth more than money.

3.  Meeting friends for lunch makes my day.

4.  The older I get, the more willing I am catch a nap once in awhile.

5.  I totally enjoy having time to: teach art at home, play bridge, participate in African Drumming, sing in a chorus, keep an online Journal (where I have met remarkable people from all around the world), volunteer in the community, take a gazillion photos and cook nice dinners for my family and friends.  Can't leave out my four legged buddies who have my attention most of the day.

To view more Random 5 contributions, click A Rural Journal in my sidebar.

PS
The photos are proofs taken by Wende Pencille several years ago when Phoebe was interested in modeling (and it never happened).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. I admire your dog too. I noted you like "drummings"and wonder if you ever see those guys from Japan who are dummers?

Michelle said...

Though I am not retired, I totally agree that time is worth more than money.

YourSpecialDog said...

Wow that header is beautiful , great it draw all my attention :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

You look like you thoroughly enjoy your life and retirement! Time is worth more than money.

Love the modeling photos.

Tanya Breese said...

oh my, i love that windmill in your header!!

Nancy J said...

Retired, brings up a vision of a little lady, white hair tied up in a bun, sitting in a rocking chair on the porch, maybe with some knitting. Lori, do you, like so many of us, find you are doing more than when you actually drove out the gate to go to work each morning? But what we do these days has a different purpose, we value the time, and early morning starts are a delight, not a chore. Love the photos, she is a model at heart. Greetings from Jean

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sweet!
Lily

Margie said...

I have three more years until retirement and looking forward to everything you just described. Enjoy.

Dreaming said...

I think retirement is grand.... and I don't find enough time to get everything done that I want to do!
I love your windmill!!!!!!

Sharon Creech said...

You might be the busiest retired person I know. :)) xx

Nancy said...

You are busier in your retirement than most people are in their working years Lori! Love Phoebe's glamor shots. :)