Followers

Thursday, December 25, 2014

I Got A Cold For Christmas....

We survived heavy winds last night without any damage.  The temperature dropped from near 60 to the 30s and we still had plenty of wind all day.

 The girls are covered up again.

 No wonder I didn't feel that great last night....by today I had a full blown coughing, aching, tired feeling cold.  I will be vegging for days.

This morning we went down to Jen's for a quick brunch.


 I wonder what presents Finn and Coop liked the most?
 Jen and Gary were enjoying fresh coffee with a little Bailey's and whipped cream.
 Scott was on duty in the kitchen and made us superb omelets and homefries.
 Coop managed to break away from the electronics and started working on a Lego project.

 He can put these things together so fast!


 We left at 11:30 and I was shot for the day....except for making a pot of ham and cabbage soup (which we will eat tomorrow).

 This afternoon the sun came out for a short period of time.  It was all I could do to drag myself to the back porch for a couple of pictures.


 However, there are no acceptable excuses when you have animals to take care of.
Out to the barn at 5.  Why are white horses the ones who roll the most?

Gary heated up leftovers from last night.  Now it's time (6:45pm) for a hot shower and more rest.
Hope you all had a warm and Merry Holiday.
Night all.

9 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Nancy J said...

rest well, and a good time for the super "Hot Toddy", maybe more than one or two will do the trick. Merry Christmas to all at Skoog Farm, from Jean

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. I hope by the time you read this you are.

Your day looks wonderful and memorable, and I hope that continues through the holidays! Take care of yourself!!

Unknown said...

Feel better! What a beautiful home that is xx

Grey Horse Matters said...

Feel better soon. There's nothing worse than being sick and still having to go out ad see to the animals. Rest as much as possible.

Sharon Creech said...

Ack, hope you are feeling better today, but if you got hit with the same thing i did, wham! Down and out today . . . So: I'm enormously sympathetic. Cough, cough, sneeze, sniffle, ache.

Val Ewing said...

It was warm here today. And I am just kind of tired.
No snow, that is supposed to come tomorrow when we are supposed to travel and see family.
It was 40 here today and it will be cold and windy with wicked wind chills by Monday eve.
I hope you get to feeling better soon!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh no! Feel better!

Stephen Andrew said...

Love those Legos! Jen's house looks so pretty and warm. And I love her tree. Never been much of a Baikey's fan. Tastes a little syrupy to me. If my cold goes on as long as yours, I will be in some serious mess. A lot of my clients leave for the winter and I am packed this week getting them in before they go! Ugh!