Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

TODAY WAS A BLURRRRRR....JUST LIKE THE LAST TWO PICTURES!



































Got up...did chores...had to drag the indoor and outdoor rings...went to Wegmans to buy groceries...dropped clothes off at Goodwill...home...swept the floors...took my second shower of the day...drove to Depew to pick up a clinician for a saddle fitting clinic at Glen Darach Farm tomorrow...She always has a lot of gear, so the first thing we did was transfer boxes, saddles and bags from the other car to mine...Dorothy Hokanson and her daughter Caitlin hosted a clinic at their farm near Jamestown and we always meet at the same exit on the thruway...got back in time for a 45 minute break before two people brought their horses over for appointments with Ann...HOT HOT HOT!!!!!  Did chores again, started dinner...Gary got home after duty at the Welcome Center and we ate out on the porch around 8:45.  A very long day and I did not have a chance to take lots of pictures.  So here's what you do at a saddle fitting clinic....By the way, Ann Forrest (who currently lives in Florida) is from Scotland.  She has been in the US since she was 19 and became a Grand Prix rider.  10 years ago she started coming to this area to teach us how to fit saddles and has saved a lot of horse's backs!  The majority of riders do not have a clue as to what is a proper fit.  Oh! You wear a size 10 shoe?  Put on this size 7 and could you please walk trot and canter?  It hurts?  Maybe I could MAKE you do it anyway.  Think about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's true I've never learnt to fit a saddle. At the club where I ride, each horse has its own and I suppose it is fitted with him.
All I can say is that the horses backs are right.
On the picture where I can see your backs, the horse's face is funny : Lighful eye and tongue out.
Here it is very rainy nowadays. The horses do not go out much. It's so muddy that a white horse becomes a brown one very quickly. The grass grows well.

CoyoteFe said...

You are hilarious! I am glad that Ann and you are here to save the horses! I wear a size 11, and if you tried to MAKE me wear a size 9, I'd rear up and kick your ...!