Followers

Monday, February 25, 2019

We Have Had A Year's Worth of Wind in 2 Days

Yesterday was a nightmare.
A little before 11pm we lost power and had to get both wood stoves going so the house would stay warm enough to keep the pipes from freezing.
We each camped out on the couches closest to the stoves so we could keep adding wood!  Around 1am the power was back on!  I went to sleep and Gary was worried that the power would go off again....so he napped and was very tired today.
Of course Rebel and the girls had been in since 1pm so they were ready to go out this morning.  No deal.  We were still having gusts up to 50MPH.
How thrilled was I....to find shingles all over the paddock and back pasture.
 That did not stop Little Wonder and Phoebe from going out to the barn with me.
How thrilled was I....to find shingles all over the paddock and back pasture.


 I let all the horses have a chance to wander around inside the barn, but they ended up back in their stalls until 4:15 when Karen came to do chores.
 We have two options for serious ice skating.
The "pond" in the pasture and the outdoor arena.
 Not too much excitement for the rest of the day.







I had to pick up some cards Mary and I had printed


 and made a quick stop at Wegmans.
We had a decent dinner.
 The flowers on my kitchen table perk things up.


Night all.


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

What a miserable few days. But...well the flowers are pretty.

Nancy J said...

That looks like a bad time to be outside, hope tomorrow is a whole lot better.