Followers

Saturday, February 23, 2019

60-75mph Wind Gusts On The Way!

We could be in deep tapioca Sunday - Monday.
Today was ok, but we are constantly being given warnings that we could
have hurricane force winds and they are predicting wind damage to trees
and power.  The Governor was in Rochester today announcing all kinds of
stuff and the County Executive anticipates calling a state of emergency 
tomorrow at 1pm.  
So....
If we lose power, I may not be able to post tomorrow.











 After chores I had a meeting for a couple of hours
and managed to get my car filled with gas while I 
was picking up shavings for the horses.  
Fortunately, we have plenty of food and drinking water
in the house.  The problem is......
if we lose power we have no water and have to heat the
house with our two wood stoves so our hot water baseboard
pipes don't freeze and burst.
I can't wait to use buckets to flush the toilet!
It will go up to 50 tomorrow, then we should have some rain
before the high winds start.  Great!  They will keep blowing 
until Monday, mid morning when the temperature will be 
in the mid 20s.
Ice?  Maybe the strong winds will dry things up before it freezes.

I had chore duty tonight.
While I was securing all the barn doors, the horses heard me and
came up to the front paddock from the pasture.
When I turned around, they were all asking me when
dinner was going to be served.






 We had leftovers.  So good.
Night all.


1 comment:

Nancy J said...

So Good!! That says it for everything, specially the runaway feline who came home, just in time. Baton down everything you can, have buckets of water saved up, we had no running water at one home with a power outage, as it gave us water pressure as it ran from from a huge tank. Maybe it won't be as bad as they predict, here's hoping.