We could be in deep tapioca Sunday - Monday.
Today was ok, but we are constantly being given warnings that we could
have hurricane force winds and they are predicting wind damage to trees
and power. The Governor was in Rochester today announcing all kinds of
stuff and the County Executive anticipates calling a state of emergency
tomorrow at 1pm.
If we lose power, I may not be able to post tomorrow.
After chores I had a meeting for a couple of hours
and managed to get my car filled with gas while I
was picking up shavings for the horses.
Fortunately, we have plenty of food and drinking water
in the house. The problem is......
if we lose power we have no water and have to heat the
house with our two wood stoves so our hot water baseboard
pipes don't freeze and burst.
I can't wait to use buckets to flush the toilet!
It will go up to 50 tomorrow, then we should have some rain
before the high winds start. Great! They will keep blowing
until Monday, mid morning when the temperature will be
in the mid 20s.
Ice? Maybe the strong winds will dry things up before it freezes.
I had chore duty tonight.
While I was securing all the barn doors, the horses heard me and
came up to the front paddock from the pasture.
When I turned around, they were all asking me when
dinner was going to be served.
We had leftovers. So good.