Followers

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Make Music Rochester

 Love waking up to this beautiful garden.
Gary has outdone himself.







 This afternoon my friends Jean and Barb came over and we drove into the city for
MAKE MUSIC ROCHESTER.
Individuals, bands, groups....anyone who wanted to perform was participating 
in this Summer Solstice activity taking place all around the world.  It started at noon and went on until 9.
After we parked the car I took them for a quick tour of Burnunzio Uptown Music...
a candy store for musicians.  I got my newest ukulele there.
 Then we crossed the street where interested ukulele players were gathering to
perform in the Christ Church garden.
 Four members of the Rochester Ukulele Orchestra were there and Randy
led us through several songs.  People of all levels were playing and Julie (owner of Brunzios) brought over a basket of Ukuleles in case anyone wanted to give it a try.
I sat with Fred W. who I have known for years.  We were both part of an 
African Drumming group at the college.


On the way home we stoped at Mangia Mangia in Spencerport for dinner.
Smart move!  
The food was outstanding and none of us could finish the VERY generous portions.




 I tried grabbing a few shots of the sunset through the car window.


I'm going to have to watch Channel 8 News at 11.
They were there.
Night all.

1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The gardens look beautiful. Everyone sounds good in the band. Looks like a great day!