Followers

Monday, February 22, 2016

Back And Forth

Last night the sunset looked like a burning fire.
 A lot of the snow melted and the temperature was in the 40s.





 Not so warm today.  I had to close off the outdoor arena as it was like a frozen pond.



After chores I made my first trip of the day to Agape, and learned that it's much better for me to do the bike (27 minutes), elliptical (14 minutes) and end with the treadmill (10 minutes).  If I do the elliptical last I poop out.  The good news...I am increasing my time.
 Back to the farm for a couple of hours, then took my second trip to Brockport for a meeting at The (Senior) Center to discuss paint colors.  We are making progress.
 Stopped at the paint store on my way home to pick up more color samples as we need a few more choices before we hire the painter and get started.

By the time I got home, the sun was bathing the Living Room and Library.
More pictures of the dried hydrangeas were in order.

 It looks like my Palm is going to bite the dust.  Yellow is the new green.

 Made a great dinner tonight.  Simple and a no brainer.
Pasta with caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, peas, Greek olives and a light Alfredo sauce.
A new way for you to make spaghetti!
Fill a big pot with about 2-3" of water and bring to a boil.
Add 2 tablespoons of chicken stock (I use organic paste instead of boullion).
Break 1 pound of spaghetti into half lengths and throw in water.
Just before it is done, add 2 Tablespoons of butter and cover until the liquid is absorbed.
You can finish it in many different ways....I chose to add the ingredients listed above, topped with some Romano cheese.  The flavor of the pasta itself is so different when you do it like this.


In a few minutes I will make my 3rd trip into Brockport to attend a Village Board meeting.
I expect the Rochester TV stations to be there as the Dissolution of the Village is being discussed.
Time to go.
Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful sunset! The pasta sounds delicious! Good for you to keep your schedule exercising. I'm impressed, now I've got to start to do this on a consistent basis.

Val Ewing said...

I love your dried hydrangeas! Wow...wow....I will need to find some for my Still Life project!
Good for you on gaining your strength back, it is tough and you are sticking it out.