Followers

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Broom Handle to Bishop

 I did not expect it to be so windy this morning.
 Just a dusting of snow.

 It was mild enough for me to clean the water trough, which Gary and Karen filled using buckets.  Ended up plugging in the heater, as the temperature stayed in the high 20s...I was hoping for at least 32.






 Put a little time in cleaning the house and watched another episode of "House of Cards."
Tonight Jenny, Scott, Finn and Coop came over for dinner.
 We had a couple of appetizers...
then I went out to do chores before we ate.
 It started snowing again but the wind had disappeared.



 Dinner....lomain
 bananas and oranges
 and stir fried chicken with onions, peppers, carrots, snow peas and cashews.  Topped it with a sweet and sour sauce.


 Delish!

Cooper started playing chess at his school, so Jenny went down to the Lift Bridge Book Shop and bought him a set.  One of the bishops was missing, so Scott used an old broom stick and a lathe to produce another piece.  Pretty cool.
 A couple of matches took place while they were here.  I have to admit that I have totally forgotten how to play the game.
 Today I defrosted some of our raspberries and blueberries so I could put them on shortcake.
A reminder of warmer days.
Night all.

5 comments:

B : ) said...

Your new header picture is gorgeous! If you photoshopped in a red Christmas ornament, and maybe a bow, it would make a wonderful Christmas card :)

Val Ewing said...

Wow, I want to come at your house, we had homemade Beef BBQ last night from home-raised beef. And veggies from our garden.
Looks like a warming trend here, hope you get a slow melt!

Michelle said...

Your suppers always look so good to me!

Birdman said...

All your guests must be fighting the 'battle of the bulge', right? How could they not be sampling all these scrumptious recipes. Maybe you 'own' weight-watching and are getting lots of kickbacks! So sorry. Heck, I think I gain a pound JUST reading your blog each day. GRIN.

Nancy J said...

Still heaps of snow, and a clever job on the lathe. Yummy desert!!!