...

...
...

Followers

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Welcome To Brockport...







 This afternoon I drove to the Village as there was a dedication ceremony for a 
new mural that was being installed.
Ray Duncan and Mayor Margay Blackman spoke to us about the project.
 I think I knew 99% of the people who showed up.
The usual suspects.











 Stacy Kirby, a local artist, painted this piece. 
 It is her second mural in Brockport.
 That's what I especially like about this community.  We support the arts....all arts.
 Bill Heyen, our own very well known poet, read one of his poems






 Just before the unveiling, Bill Hullfish (Golden Eagle String Band) led us in a canal song.
Sweet!
video
 I left there at 3:30 and went over to Oak Orchard for a meeting about a farm to table fundraiser being held this August.
When I got back home I made that pasta dish with bacon, caramelized onions, olive oil, butter and Romano cheese.  It was superb!  Gary watched Coop this afternoon while Finn had a ball game...so he ate when he got home at 6:15.


 We had a wrap up meeting for our Water Committee at the Town Hall at 7.
By the time I left, the sun was setting.
Night all.

2 comments:

  1. The mural is beautiful. What a great community you live in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. I do not have google+ and am unable to comment on those blogs. Would love to reach some of you and need email addresses. Your comments are appreciated.