Followers

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Welcome To Brockport...







 This afternoon I drove to the Village as there was a dedication ceremony for a 
new mural that was being installed.
Ray Duncan and Mayor Margay Blackman spoke to us about the project.
 I think I knew 99% of the people who showed up.
The usual suspects.











 Stacy Kirby, a local artist, painted this piece. 
 It is her second mural in Brockport.
 That's what I especially like about this community.  We support the arts....all arts.
 Bill Heyen, our own very well known poet, read one of his poems






 Just before the unveiling, Bill Hullfish (Golden Eagle String Band) led us in a canal song.
Sweet!
 I left there at 3:30 and went over to Oak Orchard for a meeting about a farm to table fundraiser being held this August.
When I got back home I made that pasta dish with bacon, caramelized onions, olive oil, butter and Romano cheese.  It was superb!  Gary watched Coop this afternoon while Finn had a ball game...so he ate when he got home at 6:15.


 We had a wrap up meeting for our Water Committee at the Town Hall at 7.
By the time I left, the sun was setting.
Night all.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The mural is beautiful. What a great community you live in.

Two French Bulldogs said...

That is one cool town
Lily & Edward

Unknown said...

Hello from Norway. Hi Lory and Gary.
Long since we met you and were visiting your farm.
I ended the long sailing trip outside New Zealand in a storm. I lost the boat on November 17, 2017. After 24 hours in the wreck and 45 minutes in the Pacific Ocean, I was rescued by a container boat. It was dramatic, but I saved my life. Luckily I was alone on board and am happy about it.
Now I have 3 grandchildren and sail in the waters near the coast of Norway. I live far south of Norway where it is nice to both fish and sail. Live and I had a lobster party with my brother Georg and his wife Berit yesterday. Then we talked about you and how nice you were with us.
Hope all is well with you. We are now following the election in the USA and are very excited about how it goes. In Norway, we are more social democratic, but not communists as many in the United States believe.
Hope you take the trip to Norway one day and you are of course welcome to stay with us.
Regards Live and Harald

Lori Skoog said...

Harald and Live!!!! What a surprise! You can't imagine how many times we have told people about you and your Journey!!! I did follow you when you were posting, but had no idea that you lost your boat. We have good friends in New Zealand. We really enjoyed spending time with you, Georg and Berit. So glad that you were rescued....did the boat sink? We have 4 grandchildren and still have photos of two of them steering your boat down the Canal the day you left. If you see this, would love to connect. It's a crazy time here with the pandemic and an outrageous election. I can't imagine what people in Norway think about our country. We are well....still have horses, dogs and cats. Gary had the best vegetable gardens ever. Do you have our email address? skoogfarm@rochester.rr.com
Can I read about your rescue somewhere????