Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

TODAY'S WEATHER....





...was extreme!  At one point we got about 2 inches of rain in 20 minutes and I had to channel the water under the shed roof so it would not go in the barn.  What a mess.  Then, I went to the grocery store and headed out to Shepherd's Mill to get some sawdust for the stalls.  The sky turned black and there was a lot of lightning in the direction I was headed.  By the time I got there, getting the sawdust was not an option.  The road looked like a river, and I will have to try again tomorrow.  The "green" picture was taken on the way home through the truck windshield.  I had to put the horses in the barn twice today to get them out of the elements.
This creates so much extra work.  And of course...this makes getting hay even more difficult.

3 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

Your green photo looks like a "road less traveled".
It reminds me of how I love to drive aimlessly discovering hidden roads, but with these gas prices ...

Also, yea! sky photos!

Lisa & Gerald said...

we been getting lots of rain too!
love the green pic of the road!

Gayle said...

Ok, the skies may be angry, but that has to be the most beautiful road ever. I would have walked it in the rain (I like rain, I like to be out in the rain, but our rain is cold).